Thursday, January 26, 2012

100th Day of School

Today was the 93rd day of school for me, time is flyin! I started thinking about the 100th day of school as soon as we hit day 80 because I usually assign some kind of home project. In the past I've assigned a 100 collection and design. Students had to find and count 100 of the same item, then glue it on a poster board in the shape of the number 100. I must admit, my fav project ever was 100 googly eyes.
Last year, we also wrote a personal narrative titled "When I am 100" and created self portraits. This year, I decided to kick it up a notch! I'm having all my kiddos come to school dressed as 100 year olds!!! To say the least, we're going to make our writing come alive and have a bit of fun along the way. I guess I need to go buy some white or gray hairspray fast. I've already managed to get a hold of a cane. Pics will be posted soon! In the meantime, here's a copy of the letter I sent home with my students at the beginning of this week explaining the project.

Below are pics of a fun writing activity I do on the 100th day of school. A retired teacher who swore off computers made this. I'll eventually re-do this on a computer so it looks prettier. Enjoy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment