Sunday, February 17, 2013

Love Monsters!

I hope it's not too late for a Valentine's post, but I just HAVE to share the simplest, littlest, cutest V-day treat baggie that I made with my class this year. I'm always inspired by all of my wonderful bloggy friends and pinterest. But sometimes, I feel like it's my obligation to commit to a little collaboration. :) I'm not the greatest artist in fact, when I draw, I remind my class of this little fun fact and they love seeing what I come up with. I once drew a family that they said looked like feet and...they were right.

Anywho, check out my love monster below! Feel free to tell me what you think! Mind you, this was just a little idea I came up with like 3 days before Valentine's lol. I have lots of ideas for improvement, but I love him!


 



Here are the materials you need to make a little love monster:
-white paper bags 
-Die cut solid hearts (see feet)
-Die cut open hearts (see hands, the center of the hear is open)
-Two  11" x 2" strips of red/pink construction paper (legs)
-Two 8 1/2" x 2" strips of red/pink construction paper (arms)
-1 large circle template (tracing a large coffee can is recommended)
-1 piece of red construction paper (normal size)
-1 piece of pink construction (normal size)

**Glyph ideas**
So I used the Love Monster as a glyph opportunity. It went something like this
Pink face/red hair: Girls
Red face/pink hair: Boys
6 year olds: Pink arms
7 year olds: Red arms
**Glue on opposite colored hands
LOVE Reading: Pink legs
LOVE Math: Red legs
**Glue on opposite colored feet

Happy Sunday! Here's to a nice, relaxing Monday aka President's Day off! WAHOO!


0 comments:

Post a Comment