Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hurry Spring Break!

Alright so, unlike many of my fellow teachers, I have TWO more days of school before Spring Break. Yup, I'm in one of those school districts where the concept of having a full week off for Spring Break died before I was probably born. But thankfully, we've had no snow days this year so we actually have the longest Spring Break that we've had in quite some time. I get off Wed, Thurs, Fri before Easter and the Monday after. How about you? Are you one of those blessed and fortunate teachers who gets an entire week? Have you lost any days to snow days????

Since I have only TWO days of school this week, which will inevitably seem to go as slowly as a snail crawls, I had to be a bit creative with my planning. After all TWO days isn't enough to introduce new topics, but you still want to plan meaningful, standards-based activities that promote learning. (No time to waste, my kiddos gotta be able to read that level 16 or I at the end of the year)! I'm using the 2 days to review blends, vowel teams, cause and effects, etc. After browsing pinterest, I found a few cute ideas I'm gonna use this week. Check 'em out below!
I created my own writing paper and changed my title to "If I was the Easter bunny". I also included the 3 lines for writing on simply because many of my students just are not ready to write on a single line. Grab your copy HERE.

Also, check out these freebies I found on TPT. 
      
Get it HERE


Get this one HERE

Hope you enjoy my freebie finds! Happy Spring Break!



3 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi I am now following you! Cute bunny paper! Thanks for stopping by. Did you enter my Contest too?
Happy Blogging!
Tammy
First Grade @ Klinger Cafe
dtklinger@gmail.com

Heather's Heart said...

Cute bunny!

I am officially following you now! =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can create short urls with Shortest and earn $$$$$$ for every visit to your short links.

Post a Comment