Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Still No School

So Sandy made landfall last night at the Jersey shore at about 8:15pm. We had no school again today, and now we have a 2 hour delay tomorrow. In total, we've had 2 full days of school called off and a 2 hour delay. Insanity!  I JUST got my cable/internet/phone back about 30 min ago and my power back about 4 hours before that. Thankfully, I was only without power from midnight until about 2pm. To everyone who lives or has property at the jersey shore or in NYC, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there!

Check out some of my fav/most amazing pics of Sandy's destruction below!
Wawa in Avalon pre-landfall!

The pier/amusement ride in Seaside Heights before and after. Yes, you've seen some of these rides on The Jersey Shore. Some of them have now become one with the sea. :(


Connecticut! Talk about high winds...

As for me and my family, I'm counting my blessings. We have a few downed tree limbs, 1 storm cover that blew away and broke into pieces, and 1 neighborhood Obama sign that blew away and has yet to be recovered. The eye of Sandy was supposed to pass right over us, but the hurricane actually turned into a tropical storm when it made landfall and so, it moved much quicker over us than they originally predicted. We are blessed! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment